Saturday, February 11, 2012

Courageous Acts, All Around Us, Every Day.


“I wanted to know why the defenders decided to stay in the Alamo and fight, and if I, personally, would have had the courage to do the same.  I think most men wonder that.” 

I was signing a book for a lady to take to her husband in Florida and that was my reply when she asked how I became interested in the Alamo.

Then tears came to her eyes as she said, “I understand.  My husband is facing a similar decision in his struggle against cancer and I am hoping this book helps convince him to fight it”.

I had never considered it just that way, but now I understand that many people believe the Alamo story is proof of the heroic nature of every man, and that belief is inspiring courageous acts, all around us, every day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment